Nov 102011

Reposteado de:

http://javaeeinsights.wordpress.com/2011/03/09/primefaces-2-2-1-and-internet-explorer-8/

Gracias !!!!!

As I develop my Web-Applications on Linux, I don’t test it on Internet Explorer too often. To be honest, I even forget about it sometimes. And this was a serious mistake as I had to discover today.

I’m currently developing an application using Spring, JSF2 and PrimeFaces 2.2.1. The application runs perfectly on Firefox, Chrome and Opera. But when I tried to use it on Windows 7 with Internet Explorer 8, I ran into a bunch of Error-Messages that – as you can imagine – provide no information about the problem at all.

The error message was (with alternating Line numbers):

Message: Object doesn’t support this property or method
Line: 105867085
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://localhost:8080/faces/main.xhtml

This error(s) prevented most of my commandButtons to send Ajax Requests, so the application was useless.

After ~4-5 hours of investigating, I discovered the root of the problem:

On some components (basically all that have a widgetVar-Value), I used the same value for “id” and for “widgetVar”!

As simple as this might sound, I still don’t really get, why this is a problem… But anyways, keep this in mind when developing with PrimeFaces!

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

© 2020 Goose Workshop Suffusion theme by Sayontan Sinha